Omaha Catholic Schools Consortium Office - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Omaha Catholic School Consortium
4501 S 41st St - location and hours flexible
Submitted ByName: Michael Goetz
DescriptionDepartment: Consortium Business Office
Reports to: Consortium Executive Director - Mike Goet
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Educational Technology Director will have overall responsibility for the educational technology direction for the Omaha Catholic School Consortium which is a $10M operation. This will include technology selection, implementation and monitoring. The goal will be to help improve our student's academic standing.
1. Manage the Student Information System – includes Sycamore administration, assistance with registration and enrollment, yearly transitions, troubleshooting and assisting school staff with issues and questions.
2. Assist teachers with Blended Learning Applications – includes coordinating with Archdiocese staff, coordinating and driving the selection of BL applications and mentoring teachers as they applied the BL applications in their classrooms.
3. Work with the Archdiocese staff to coordinate BL professional development for Consortium staff.
4. Assist administrators in the administration and application of BL Applications.
5. Monitor the use of BL applications. Includes evaluating the usage patterns for the BL Applications and their correlation to test scores.
6. Monitor BL contracts, advise on product usage and review new materials and products.
7. Monitor use of GoGuardian, check flags, and manage notifications for social/emotional health.
8. Liaison between IT staff and Consortium staff to address issues and implement new hardware and software as needed.
9. Monitor BL contracts, advise on product usage and review new materials and products.
10. Provide new teacher training at the beginning of the year and provide focused support for new teachers throughout the year.
11. Additional technology related duties that may arise.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Strong technology skills demonstrated by the ability to evaluate, select and implement new solutions.
2. Excellent communications skills with the ability to provide technical training to a non-technical audience.
3. Ability to interact with vendors for the applications and the ability to negotiate favorable arrangements for the Consortium schools.
4. Certified teacher a plus but not required.
5. Administration certificate a plus, but not required.
6. Commitment to Omaha Catholic School Consortium’s mission.
Education and Experience
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.