St. Vincent de Paul Parish (Omaha) - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St. Vincent de Paul Church of Omaha
14330 Eagle Run Drive
Submitted ByName: Tom Peal
Reports to: Tom Peal- Operations Director
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesOpens the building Monday-Friday at 6 a.m. Works collaboratively with parishioners, co-workers, and other departments to ensure a comfortable and safe environment. Identifies, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains facilities and any future additions. Maintains grounds all seasons. Displays ethical behavior and promotes a work environment of respect and dignity of the human person that is consistent with the Mission of St. Vincent de Paul. This position offers the possibility for advancement for the right candidate.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform light maintenance, troubleshoot, and repair buildings, equipment, electrical, plumbing, heating/air conditioning units and any other equipment associated with campus buildings.
• Perform landscaping and ground maintenance, including any combination of the following: mowing, trimming, sod work, planting, weeding, watering, fertilizing, digging, or raking by using hand or with power tools and equipment.
• Perform snow and ice removal using shovels, snow blowers, snowplows, ice melt, and spreaders.
• Troubleshoot equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
• Paint or repair windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, or other parts of building structures.
• Ensures completion of all responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner.
• Clean equipment, parts, or tools to repair or maintain them in good working order.
• Maintain professional appearance and reliable attendance.
Pay rate $17-$19 per hour based on experience including benefits.
PTO (Paid Vacation)
10 Paid holidays
Health Insurance program
Dental Insurance program
Vision Insurance program
Monday - Friday position 6:00 a.m.-3 p.m. with occasional weekend/evening responsibilities.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Basic knowledge of outdoor maintenance including grounds, building and general property management.
• Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the basic construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures.
• Knowledge of all aspects of building maintenance and maintenance equipment.
• Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and remodel work to include drywall, painting, and carpentry.
• High attention to detail.
• Effective organizational skills and ability to manage day-to-day work assignments
• Ability to pass a background check and complete Safe Environment certification.
Education and Experience
• Background in and/or knowledge of the Catholic Church with a demonstrated commitment to the mission and teachings of the Church.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Current valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
• 3 years’ experience in commercial building maintenance, troubleshoot, and repair (i.e., plumbing, electrical and residential HVAC equipment) preferred.