St. Bernard Catholic School - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St. Bernard Catholic School
3604 N. 65th St., St. Bernard Catholic School
Submitted ByName: Emily Finley
DescriptionDepartment: Middle School
Reports to: Principal and Pastor
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesSt. Bernard is seeking a qualified teacher candidate to join our middle school teaching team as a 6-8th grade science and math teacher. The successful candidate will collaborate with the middle school team to determine curriculum and encourage best practices in instruction.
St. Bernard is a small, tight-knit single parish community centrally located in Omaha that places emphasis on faith, family, and education. Our teachers enjoy the following benefits of working at St. Bernard:
- On-site childcare: full-time employees receive 50% off childcare for their children.
- Full-time employees receive 50% off tuition for their school-age children.
- The average class size is 16 students per teacher.
- Weekly built-in common plan time with other middle school teachers during normal school hours
- Students test on average a full grade level ahead of their current grade
- Student support services: resource teacher for students with IEPs, Title 1 teacher, speech therapist, instructional para, and school nurse
- Low suspension and expulsion rates
- High community and parent involvement and support
- Not required to be Catholic
The successful candidate will facilitate student success and growth in academic areas, as well as social-emotional, and spiritual areas during this important time of their adolescent lives. Those considered must promote and teach the values of the Catholic faith. Practicing Catholic candidates are not required.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
A rich understanding of the Archdiocese Content Standards for middle school Math and Science, as well as the ability to implement those standards through each aspect of the curriculum. An ability to adapt instruction based on formative and summative assessment data. The skill to motivate and excite students to engage with math and science content.
Education and Experience
- Current or expected Nebraska Teaching Certificate OR Provisional Nebraska Teaching Certificate with an endorsement in math and/or science.
- Willingness to complete a background check and Safe Environment training after hiring date.