Omaha Catholic Schools Consortium Office - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Omaha Catholic School Consortium
4501 S. 41st Street Street
Submitted ByName: Chris Nelson
DescriptionDepartment: One of our 6 Consortium School's
Reports to: School Administrator
Principal Duties and Responsibilities• Plans and executes effective teaching with research-based pedagogy.
• Knowledge and ability to utilize a variety of instructional strategies.
• Understands and teaches the standards used by the Omaha Catholic School Consortium.
• Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment in the classroom.
• Uses digital resources and best practices to manage classroom technology, including blended learning applications and Google classroom.
• Works cooperatively with other Consortium teachers in planning and implementing a balanced educational program.
• Provides appropriate instruction and makes safety checks on classroom equipment to ensure the overall safety of students.
• Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, and keeps appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary.
• Maintains control of storage and use of school property.
• Assesses student learning and adapts instruction based on student data.
• Communicates with parents and school staff on student progress.
• Supervises students in out of classroom activities during the assigned working day.
• Positively fosters students’ self-esteem.
• Maintains professional competence by attending staff development programs, curriculum development meetings and other professional activities.
• Participates in various student and parent activities which occur in school including Home and School Association, student clubs and other school activities.
• Creates an effective learning environment through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and activity/learning centers.
• Supervise students at assigned times of the day including; before/after school, lunch, recess, assemblies, etc.
• Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator.
• Works collaboratively to achieve the overall purpose of the school’s pr
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must possess ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the public.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Best Instructional Practices
• Must be able to learn and use the following: STAR, Fountas and Pinnell Benchmarking System, Lexia, No Red Ink, Happy Numbers, Aleks, Go Guardian, and Google Classroom.
• Supporting and upholding the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school
and adhering to the Code of Conduct and policies and procedures of the school and Archdiocese.
Education and Experience
• Must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education or a related field and meet the Nebraska Department of Education licensure eligibility requirements to teach elementary education.
• Must be eligible for, or in possession or an appropriate Nebraska teaching license.
Application InstructionsInterested candidates are to submit, electronically, the following materials:
• Cover letter and resume
• List of references – References will only be contacted once an applicant has reached semifinalist standing and with permission of the applicant (to preserve confidentiality on the applicant’s part)
Executive Director, Omaha Catholic School Consortium