Ignatian Volunteer Corps of Omaha - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Ignatian Volunteer Corps
740 N Calvert St
Submitted ByName: Becky Ehrman
DescriptionDepartment: Ignatian Volunteer Corps of Omaha
Reports to: IVC Omaha Regional Director and IVC VP
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesProgram Manager – IVC Omaha
The IVC Program Manager has three major areas of responsibility: the recruitment of volunteers for IVC Omaha; the promotion of IVC in the Omaha area; and the management of program logistics during the IVC year.
The recruitment of service corps members for IVC Omaha includes:
• Establishing relationships in parishes, civic, and senior groups in the Omaha area
• Developing and disseminating recruitment materials
• Conducting information sessions for new members
• Working with the IVC Director on the development and execution of strategic recruitment plan
• Representing IVC at volunteer fairs, parishes, diocese functions, and local networking groups
• Supporting prospective service corps members through IVC application process
The promotion of IVC Omaha includes:
• Maintaining the database list of volunteers, reflectors, IVC alumni, and friends of IVC to whom we send appeals and event invitations
• Working with our Jesuit University Partners and providing stories of alumni who are IVC Omaha volunteers for their publications
• Placing ads, announcements, and articles about the IVC program in area church bulletins, newspapers, magazines, and online publications.
• Maintaining social media accounts for IVC Omaha. This includes Facebook and IVC Omaha Webpage.
• Assisting IVC Director with event promotions
The management of program logistics includes:
• Serving as the primary contact with the IVC monthly meeting sites and retreats (to schedule meeting dates, plan room set-up, and arrange for technology needs)
• Making sure new members are onboarded properly and feel welcome
• Inviting speakers to monthly programs
• Preparing copies of materials for monthly meetings
• Planning, ordering, and overseeing hospitality items at monthly meetings and retreats
• Maintaining a roster of members, reflectors, and sites and keeping attendance of service corps members at monthly meetings
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for a motivated self-starter who can communicate the IVC mission enthusiastically and effectively among prospective service core members (mature, retired individuals) and diverse constituencies. The successful candidate will be able to set goals and work independently and possess excellent interpersonal skills in one-on-one and small group settings as well as in front of larger audiences. The candidate should have broad familiarity with the Catholic faith and its social teachings and feel comfortable working within Catholic/Christian communities. Candidate must be familiar with Microsoft products including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Communications/public relations and/or marketing background preferred. Driver’s license and use of personal vehicle required. Spanish fluency is a plus. Facebook marketing experience is a plus.
Education and Experience
Experience in Social Services or Nonprofits is a plus
Marketing experience is a plus
Basic Understanding of Ignatian Spirituality and a Catholic in good standing with the Church is a must.