Catholic Charities of Omaha - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Bedford Building- Catholic Charities of Omaha
9223 Bedford Avenue
Submitted ByName: Amanda Driver
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesCoordinate all pantry activities according to established procedures.
• Responsible for the daily operation of the pantry and other food distribution systems.
• Keep inventory of food, prepare orders, and receive food from appropriate vendors, donors, and Food Bank.
• Maintain cleanliness, order, and safety in all pantry areas, including pantry equipment.
• Network with other direct service pantry providers as well as pantry donors.
• Coordinate the receipt and distribution of non-monetary pantry donations.
• Pick up donations as needed
Coordinates outreach pantry services and activities
• Engage in outreach activities and establish relationships with local Parishes, schools, childcare centers, and other organizations that may benefit from receiving food assistance
• Work with Director to schedule, prepare, and distribute new pantry area and mobile pantries
• Establish and maintain consistent home delivery routes
Coordinate pantry and food distribution volunteer activities
• Train, support, and supervise pantry and reception volunteers according to Agency procedures.
• Maintain updated files for all volunteers and track volunteer hours monthly.
Complete data entry into Food Bank Manger per PQI, United Way, and other funder guidelines
• Onboard new clients for pantry and perishables
• Record mobile food, homebound delivery, and alternative outreach client data
• File and organize client intake forms
Develops, collects, organizes, and facilitates the use of data documentation
• Enters client surveys into Survey Monkey quarterly
• Document and report donations- weekly, monthly, quarterly
• Document and report volunteer hours monthly
Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Saint Roberts weekend donations
• Assistance at all pantry locations
• Assistance in logistics of food storage
Reliable attendance is an expectation.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Understanding of and sensitivity to low-income persons and other disadvantaged persons with multicultural backgrounds.
• Knowledge of appropriate referral services.
• Computer proficiency including MS word, excel, power point, outlook.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Bilingual skills required for some programs and/or locations.
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively with diverse clientele.
• Ability to manage multiple duties with organization, flexibility, and attention to detail.
• Ability to lift and carry 50lbs.
Education and Experience
• One to two years of experience working in direct pantry service or food distribution environment preferred.
• Experience working in social services environment
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Food Handlers Certification (within six months of hire).
• Civil Rights Training (within 30 days of hire).
• Valid driver’s license and insurability
• Valid First Aid/CPR Training (within six months of hire)