Catholic Charities of Omaha - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Juan Diego Center
5211 S 31st Street
Submitted ByName: Amanda Driver
DescriptionDepartment: Immigration Legal Services
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesImmigration Case Support
• Complete information in case management database to prepare USCIS forms and cover letters
• Review forms and completed applications with clients
• Work with clients to complete declarations
• File documents with Omaha immigration court
• Serve as primary organizer of naturalization workshops, manage registrations, prepare files, coordinate volunteers
• Translate client documents and declarations
• Maintain all case records and documentation mandated by Catholic Charities and CC-ILS policies and procedures.
• Serve as first point of contact when immigration assistant is unavailable
• Assist with tracking and filing all incoming mail
• Assist with preparing, packaging, and sending outgoing mail
• Complete passport applications
• Participate in monthly round table discussion of immigration files as well as weekly meetings with Director, ILS.
• Conduct open and closed case file reviews as mandated by Council on Accreditation.
• Conduct monthly/quarterly Law Logix and office reports.
• Assist in collecting and compiling client demographic data for grant reporting purposes.
• Actively participate or present relevant immigration information to the immigrant and nonimmigrant communities periodically as needed.
• Assist with planning of outreach events.
• Act as a community liaison with other service providers.
Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
*Reliable attendance is an on-going essential job function.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Certification or associate’s degree in paralegal studies preferred
• Previous experience working in a professional office setting required
• Working knowledge legal database software preferred
• Excellent communication and time management skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred
Education and Experience
• A minimum experience of two years in a professional office setting
• Previous experience working in a legal office preferred
• Previous experience working in immigration preferred
2 Year College Degree Preferred