Catholic Charities of Omaha - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Catholic Charities of Omaha
5211 S 31st Street
Submitted ByName: Amanda Driver
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesAdministrative Support:
-Welcome clients to Microbusiness; determine nature and purpose of visit.
-Communicates and assist with Microbusiness intake process to clients and set up appointments/classes/seminars and send reminders.
-Answer, screen all incoming calls, provide information, take messages, and relay messages to staff appropriately.
-Manage voicemail system daily by checking received voicemail messages, forwarding messages appropriately, and returning calls.
-Assist in collecting and compiling client demographic data for grant reporting purposes.
-Assist with generating monthly and quarterly reports.
-Assesses and accepts fees for clients and reports weekly collections to Finance.
-Provides interpretation services as needed. Translate documents, forms, statements from Spanish to English or English to Spanish.
-Create, organize, and maintain paper and electronic files.
-Conducts surveys to evaluate success of services provided.
-Actively participate or present relevant Microbusiness information to the business communities as needed.
-Assist with planning, organizing, and set up of outreach events.
-Act as a community liaison with other service providers.
-Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
*Reliable attendance is an on-going essential job function.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
• Understanding of, and sensitivity to, people of low-income and multi-cultural backgrounds.
• Ability to work with and be sensitive to non-English speakers.
• Ability to translate between English and Spanish and vice versa, fluently and accurately.
• Ability to present information effectively to an adult group in a public education forum.
• Ability to be detail oriented.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and ensure all details and deadlines are met.
• Ability to be organized to complete delegated tasks in a timely manner.
• Understanding and ability to respect client confidentiality.
• Computer proficiency including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
Education and Experience
Work experience in an office environment (1-3 years)
High School Diploma or Equivalent
2-Year College Degree *Preferred