St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St, Vincent de Paul Catholic Church
14330 Eagle Run Drive
Submitted ByName: Kathy Wilhelm
Reports to: Pastor
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Director of Stewardship and Communication works within the St. Vincent de Paul Parish to coordinate, manage and execute the Parish’s communication and stewardship programs. The Director organizes new parishioner orientations and all written communications including the Annual Report, The St. Vincent Fund (parish-wide Annual Appeal), assists with parish-wide events for major donors and Legacy donors, develops and designs marketing and communication materials to promote stewardship and parish-wide events.
The Director of Stewardship and Communications is responsible for helping create a “culture of generosity”, creating a connection between evangelization and discipleship. Help promote participation in the Parish and encourage sacrificial giving to drive the mission of the Parish.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Stewardship & Communications
• Communication of parish options of sacrificial giving, planned giving and St. Vincent Fund, Endowment Funds
• Coordinate communication from Pastor consistent with message of parish mission
• Develop Annual Parish Report
• Quarterly postcard mailing (stewardship based/parish events)
• Oversee marketing and Social Media platforms for the parish. Collaborate with staff members and parish leadership on meaningful and timely posts on Facebook, etc.
• Oversee “Stewardship” section of parish website
• Write articles for weekly parish Bulletin and monthly E-vents Newsletter
• Organize Statements, Invoices, “Thank You” letters (St. Vincent Fund & Memorials)
• Oversee Online Giving, ACH, Stock donations
• Tithing – assist with sign up for Online Giving and report to Pastor
• Welcoming new parishioners at the Parishioner Orientation Events
• Organize Welcome Team members
• Report each month regarding new parishioners and follow up with email
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent significant related experience
• Demonstrated success with communication plan development
• Strong writing skills, organization and time-management skills, project management.
• Attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in spreadsheets, word processing and databases
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed for occasional special events