Essential Pregnancy Services - Maple Village Center - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Essential Pregnancy Services
6220 Maple Street
Submitted ByName: Patrick Flanery
DescriptionDepartment: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Executive Director
Principal Duties and Responsibilities1. Provide finance and accounting leadership and strategy. Analyze financial performance and risks and collaborate with department leaders to establish annual budget and monitor performance to budget. Work with board finance committee and board executive committee.
2. Set targets for and supervise accounting personnel. Conduct annual review of direct reports and provide annual compensation recommendations to Executive Director.
3. Manage and oversee cash flow, disbursement of funds, bank and accounting system/software transactions. Includes accounts payable, journal entries, executing reports, creating budgets, coordinating reconciliation of accounts.
4. Maintain ledgers for fundraising campaigns, grants and directed funds.
5. Assist hiring managers with employee onboarding and employee orientation.
6. Act as liaison and provide support to 3rd party HR vendors for payroll, timekeeping and employee benefits.
7. Prepare annual disbursement of 1099 documents.
8. Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual detailed financial performance reports.
9. File all necessary government reports, licensure applications, etc. with appropriate regulatory authority.
10. Schedule and coordinate annual audit and tax return preparation with external accounting firm. Prepare and provide all necessary information to external accounting firm.
11. Identify, establish and maintain relationships with financial/banking partners.
12. Coordinate, negotiate and manage third party contracts and services including I/T, phone systems, office equipment, buildings and grounds maintenance, security systems and others.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. 3+ years of financial management, bookkeeping or other accounting functions/roles preferred.
2. Ability to meet deadlines and provide critical decision-making.
3. Excellent computer skills.
4. General overall office management skills and general business knowledge
5. High integrity, commitment to growth and excellence and dedication to the mission of EPS.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred.