St. Gerald Catholic Church - Ralston
LocationName of Facility: St. Gerald Catholic Church & School
7859 Lakeview St
Submitted ByName: Charlie Hoover
DescriptionReports to: Business Manager
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesOversees and manages the church and school buildings and grounds. Assures a safe and welcoming environment is consistent in all St. Gerald facilities. Oversees day-to-day maintenance tasks and gives direction to others. This position manages all staff, volunteers, contractors, vendors and others with regard to all facilities maintenance. Provides advice and input in regard to on-going plant and facility maintenance, including architectural, mechanical, electrical, sound, HVAC, plumbing, interior and exterior finishes. Primary contact with vendors for bids on projects, reviews bids with maintenance committee and pastor, as needed and offers recommendation in regard to selection, based on quality of work, pricing and availability to complete projects on schedule.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Possess and able to consistently demonstrate the following personal and professional qualifications:
• Project management skills to plan and direct staff/volunteers/contractors/vendors to meet timelines and schedules.
• Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships and trust.
• Demonstrated ability of overseeing/managing commercial facilities.
• Strong working knowledge of all aspects of facility management, i.e. HVAC, Mechanical Systems, Plumbing, Electrical Systems, Sound Systems.
• Oral and written communication skills to effectively provide information to internal and external customers/vendors/consultants/contractors.
• Self-motivation and a sense of urgency.
Education and Experience
5+ years management experience directing and managing staff, volunteers, vendors preferred
5+ years facilities management experience, commercial facilities preferred