St. Patrick Catholic Church - Gretna
LocationName of Facility: St. Patrick Catholic Church
508 W. Angus Street
Submitted ByName: Jolene Jefferies
DescriptionDepartment: Pastoral Ministry
Reports to: Rev. Gregory P. Baxter
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesSt. Patrick in Gretna is seeking a new Pastoral Minister of RCIA, Youth Group, and Liturgy. This position combines three part-time job functions into one full-time position. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating the lay liturgical ministries, leading the high school youth group, and leading RCIA. These duties require collaboration and coordination with the pastor, music director, religious education director, and parish staff. Each of these three functions has a very strong volunteer structure and excellent support from our parishioners. We have a particularly strong interest in inspiring our parishioners and youth to learn, understand, appreciate, and revere the Real Presence of Jesus in the Holy Eucharist.
We offer a very competitive salary and pay 95% of the employee's healthcare coverage, offer LTD, AD&D, and life insurance as well. After one year of service we invest 5% of the base salary into the emplouee's 403(b) retirement plan.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Interest and aptitude for furthering the mission and evangelization goals of St. Patrick Catholic Church.
• Knowledge of the teaching and practices of the Catholic faith.
• Ability to work as a team player with the pastor, staff, parishioners, vendors, visitors and volunteers, and present a positive image of the parish.
• Discretion and ability to keep knowledge gained from work in strict confidence and maintain professionalism at all times.
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects effectively, be flexible and adaptable to new and changing situations, and meet several daily deadlines.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Education and Experience
• A degree or a certificate in liturgy, ministry or theology is preferred, but equivalent work experience is acceptable.
• 3-5 years of experience in liturgical ministry is preferred.
• Experience and an interest in mentoring and working with youth (safe environment training and certification is required and provided by the Archdiocese of Omaha).