St. Gerald Catholic Church - Ralston
LocationName of Facility: St. Gerald Catholic Church
7859 Lakeview St
Submitted ByName: Charlie Hoover
DescriptionReports to: Director of Evangelization & Disciplesip
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesGENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As a member of the Evangelization & Discipleship team, the person in this position will participate in planning, coordinating, and executing evangelization and discipleship activities, programs, and events, as directed.
• Plan, organize, and execute the Family Formation program.
• Recruit, train, and lead the catechist team.
• Advertise Family Formation and register families.
• Forms relationships with parents, children and catechists to accompany them on their faith journey
• Facilitate communications with staff, catechists, and families.
• Oversees the sacramental preparations for the children and youth of the parish including Reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation retreats
• Plans the liturgies for 1 st Reconciliation, 1 st Holy Communion and Confirmation, working with the Archbishop, parents and catechists
• Plan and direct WINGS program for parents and children who are behind on their sacraments of 1 st Reconciliation, 1 st Holy Communion and Baptism
• Choose curriculum for Confirmation and communicate expectations to parents, students, sponsors and catechists
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Possess and able to consistently demonstrate the following personal and professional qualifications:
• Committed to regular personal prayer time and encouraging and accompanying others in this area
• Strong understanding of theology and teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Must have flexibility in work hours with availability to parishioners
• Ability to train and teach others.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Education and Experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• 2+ years of pastoral ministry experience