Catholic Charities of Omaha - Omaha
Submitted ByName: Amanda Driver
Principal Duties and Responsibilities•Assist Pantry Coordinators with preparation of food packages for clients, receiving donations, food inventory, sorting and stocking food, and help pantry clients with intakes and delivery coordination.
•Receive, unload, weigh, and organize food from appropriate vendors, donors, and the food bank.
•Maintain cleanliness, order, and safety in all pantry areas, including pantry equipment and vehicle.
•Pick up donations as needed. Assist with outreach, scheduling, and distributing homebound delivery and mobile food pantry services.
•Perform other duties as assigned including but not limited to
- Weekend donations
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively with diverse clientele
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks
• Ability to follow directions and work independently
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with program staff, volunteers, and other agency staff
• Sensitivity to all low-income persons and other disadvantaged persons with multi-cultural backgrounds
• Ability to perform work in a manner that protects client confidentiality
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
Education and Experience
Previous customer service experience helpful.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.